Pages

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Model Workshop 07.11.10

Once every 6 weeks I photograph a bunch of wannabe models....

A lot of these aspiring models have no experience and its always a surprise finding out that some one you didn't expect much of is a great model.

The Modelling Workshops are run by Michaela Harwood of Edge Models and Extras - They include an hour of dance with a choreographer and two hours of catwalk practice and other modelling advce and exercises. For more information email Michaela@edgemodels.co.uk


I'm crap with names but I can remember people, so here's my feed back.


This guy seemed a bit shy to start with but he was very comfortable in front of the camera and he'd make a great catalogue model or doing commercial work - I think he's going a spark but nothing outstanding enough to make him a huge fashion model.  I also think he'd make a great actor/extra.
He took direction in front of the camera really well and listened to instructions as well as doing his own thing.
Suggestion : More mirror practicing - trying out different poses and knowing what works best!
__________

This chick also had a great look and has a very 'fashion' face but her skin wasn't perfect. I loved her little russian hat - happy that some one brought a little prop! She didn't take direction as well as I'd hoped but I think there was a slight language barrier - despite this she was very friendly and cheerful - I love happy models!
Suggestion : More practice with direction as well as working out which angles are her best in photographs - that way even if the direction isn't great she can work it on her own!
__________

Oh Anna! I have used Anna before for a studio shoot (www.fcboutique.co.uk) and a catwalk. When I first met her I wasn't sure about her, but I discovered that she photographs beautifully, has a GREAT attitude and takes direction really well, its was chucking it down on Sunday but Anna still got on her knee's in the Autumn leaves and threw them up in the air. Good girl!
Suggestion: Just as much work as possible and building up her looks and portfolio.
__________


This girl had a great outfit and I hoped we could do something really fun but I found that she was a little wooden. There was no spark in her eyes and direction was a little harder than it needed to be. Of course there were still some great photos of her but I felt she'd make a better extra than a fashion model.
Suggestion : Being more alive and get into a shoot, there has to be a warmth in the photos! Just practice with the eyes - much more feeling needed in the eyes.
__________

Another slightly wooden model but this lady had a great figure, was very friendly and tried very hard in front of the camera - maybe a little too hard.
 I loved the 70's outfit and I wish we'd been able to get more out of it - the poses verged on fierce but there's still something missing behind the eyes for me.  How ever I think she'd look great on TV.
Suggestion : Just more practice in front of the camera discovering new poses and what works.
__________


I loved this girl, she has such a classic look, beautiful eyes, gorgeous bone structure and charming smile! Lady crush you say? Not quite! But I really liked working with this girl and her pictures came out great, I'd definitely consider her for a show/shoot.
 __________


This girl has obviously done alot of work before, her legs are like pins... very jealous. That and her suede boots gave me an orgasm. I think this girl has alot of potential but some of her poses were quite 'glamour'. Still, great pictures, great attitude. Nice girl - would use her again especially for catwalk!
Suggestion : Working with more photographers, new poses, as much as possible in the way of experience!

Honestly this chick could get a job as a Davina look alike instantly!
She's got very similar features to the presenter. I found it a problem that she wore flat boots for her photos although I loved her check dress, worked really well with the white wood and the autumn leaves. Seemed very wannabe Chanel - a pair of clogs would have made this perfect!
She seemed very awkward in new poses and had the wrong idea about her best angles (her chin up too high was not a great look). Overall though I enjoyed working with her and got some great results.
Suggestion: Work on some interesting poses and taking direction.
__________

 

Loved this girl's eyes. She looked so timid but BAM there's this huge streak of hair! She took direction pretty well but I think she needs to try out new facial expressions as I didn't see her smile once! I think she has a lot of fashion potential and is another girl I'd consider using again.
Suggestion : work on some different facial expressions to stay versatile.
__________
I think this girl was very pretty but her hair let her down a little bit. She took direction well and was friendly enough but I wasn't convinced that she wanted to be a model - not sure why but just felt her heart wasnt in it.
Suggestion : Make sure modelling is what you want to do and again work on the eyes - put your heart and soul into everyshoot no matter how crap the weather is!
__________


This brummy was a total sweetheart and I loved her look - she looked like a bit of a diva but turned out to be a lovely girl to work with. Her photos came out really well and her outfit was glitzy and provided a little bit of glamour!
Suggestion : I think she needs more practice in front of the camera as she didn't take direction quite as well as some.
__________


We had to move out of the dark and rain with this girl and we got some great flirty/50's shots. I don't think she could be a high fashion model as her skin isnt great and she's far too smiley and cute so I think she'd be a great commercial model, maybe doing some magazine work as she looks young enough to cover Bliss. I also think she'd be great on TV.
Suggestion : Work on something more sultry - you won't be young for ever so you need your look to grow with you.

__________


So, that was probably the least scathing I've ever been. I have to add that I hate PC's. Images that look great and perfectly retouched on a Mac look like crap on a badly calibrated PC :(

Much Love

Jemima Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hatemail....